The Tech Business Operations Manager supports the Tech organization in the areas of internal communications, change management, executive office of the CIO support or other essential business operations responsibilities. This role is responsible for supporting the daily operation of internal communication work processes and the Tech organization with planning and executing organizational change management and engagement plans. The Tech Business Operations manager is aligned to projects related to standardizing and executing operational business processes, supporting internal communication needs, organizational change management and/or executive leadership support through alignment to one or more Tech departments.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Support and maintain the daily operations of internal Tech communications, including writing professional communications to convey highly technical information to a broad, often non-technical, audience.
- Review communication drafts and provide recommendations on how to make messaging more effective, professional, and engaging.
- Partner with project managers and Tech teams to develop organizational change plans for technical deployments within BECU and assist in the execution of the plans, reviewing progress updates at milestones or regular intervals with upline manager and Tech partners.
- Analyze feedback and data to make recommendations on improving communication effectiveness of Tech messaging.
- Track, report on, and manage the oversight of business processes for the Tech organization, providing input and recommendations for improvement to upline manager.
- Develop executive level presentations for large meetings/town halls, internal stakeholder updates, external speaking engagements, etc.
- Function as a liaison between the Tech Business Operations team, other Tech teams and teams across the credit union. Build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Identify opportunities and participate in the implementation of business process improvements that support the Tech organization and help the Tech Business Operations team meet our goals and objectives.
- Consult with senior management in evaluating current methods. Make recommendations on opportunities to implement changes and improvements to existing processes and help implement and operationalize changes.
- Develop and lead special projects to fulfill the objectives of department planning and goals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, communication or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in corporate/internal communications, organizational change management, project management, or related field required.
- Experience working in IT/Tech organization preferred.
- Excellent business and creative writing skills, with a high degree of accuracy in proofreading.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Skilled in change management and project management. Change Management or Project Management certification preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement business related projects.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 suite of tools (Office, Teams, SharePoint, etc.) required.
- Experience with process improvement and facilitation preferred.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.