The SVP, Credit Card is responsible for developing and leading the design, development, management and utilization strategies for BECU’s credit card products and services. The SVP, Credit Card develops and executes strategy for existing and future BECU credit card products and programs through the analysis of member needs, the market and regulatory landscape, and financial services product technology/delivery trends. The incumbent is responsible for developing and executing differentiated solutions to increase existing and generate new value for members.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and execute effective credit card strategies to meet loan production, product return and portfolio quality objectives.
- Oversee the active management of all BECU credit card products and services, including all aspects of product management from research and development to product marketing plans. Work in cooperation with Marketing in the development of product marketing plans.
- Lead the ideation for, as well as the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and portfolio execution activities across BECU’s credit card products.
- Identify and develop creative, new solutions to anticipate and/or respond to member/consumer needs, market opportunities, regulations, etc., across industries and geographies.
- Identify opportunities to test both proven and new methods; anticipate barriers to adoption and develop ways to cultivate desired results via an appetite to take thoughtful risks on new use cases leveraging the latest technologies and by co-creating and partnering with key stakeholders.
- In partnership with the credit union’s Voice of Member and Market Insights/Data Strategy functions, evaluate feedback for new credit card products and services as well as modifications to existing products and services. Investigate market opportunities for current products and services and recommend appropriate credit card products and services.
- Oversee BECU’s credit card analytical initiatives. This includes the proactive identification of member/product opportunities, ensuring findings are integrated into BECU’s product/member strategies and sharing insights throughout the organization.
- Recommend appropriate credit card marketing initiatives based on changes in the marketplace and industry. Identifies, quantifies, and recommends strategies to capitalize on market opportunities. Develops strategies to address penetration gaps, both geographically and across member segments.
- Lead the development of credit card and pricing recommendations that align with BECU’s strategic, financial and growth goals.
- Provide thought leadership on competitive trends and the evolution of tools and strategies to engage and delight customers.
- Forecasts business results for annual and long-term business planning.
- In conjunction with inter-departmental managers, prepare sales volume and profit forecasts for all credit card products and analyze performance based on the forecasts and other metrics.
- Coordinate the offering of new credit card products and process enhancements with the Training Design and Delivery team to ensure appropriate staff training.
- Evaluate market reaction to advertising/marketing programs in conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Select new and maintain existing business partner relationships that contribute to the success of the organization and manage those relationships with BECU’s vendor management policies.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training within areas of responsibility to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance evaluations, using BECU Competencies and performance measures.
- Ensure timely and accurate services are provided by providing managerial leadership, direction, and effective monitoring of performance. Establish departmental and individual goals that are consistent with the annual plan.
- Develop and submit for approval the annual budget and business plan for areas of responsibility. Manage expenditures to ensure budget is met.
- Have a general knowledge of the Credit Union policies and state/federal regulations regarding all products.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees (internal customers) to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- Support BECU’s strategic and annual planning process. This includes assisting EMT and the Board in evolving the Board’s planning process, managing the strategic agenda and the creation of the annual product/service plan.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or product management/development or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advance degree preferred
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Product Management/Development required.
- 12 years of management/people leadership experience required.
- High impact, cross-functional project management experience required.
- Experience working in fast-paced, growth-oriented financial institutions preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with executive leadership, management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to research and compile information for the purpose of recommending product and/or services marketing opportunities.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Proficient math skills.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.