The Sr Profitability Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing detailed reporting of the company's revenue and expense allocations and analyzing the company's line of business and product profitability. The focus of this role is to provide actionable information that allows management to evaluate components of profitability and the distribution across business units and product attributions. The Sr Profitability Reporting Analyst will perform complex business and profitability analytics in support of pricing recommendations and execution of product strategies. The Sr Profitability Reporting Analyst will provide a summary of large data sets to drive actionable insights base on financial and business indicators This role will work with the businesses and Finance Business Partners on improving performance and delivering on strategic objectives.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify data visualization and delivery needs, design report mockups, and create final visual solutions.
- Develop presentations on performance and key metrics for the Executive Management Team and other stakeholders as needed.
- Develop dashboards and monitoring reports to be utilized by senior leaders and multiple constituents as needed.
- Build reports that evaluate the effectiveness of new initiatives and campaigns in collaboration with the Marketing and Product teams.
- Compile and provide data, and analytics to help evaluate financial and business impact of pricing changes and strategic initiatives on a standardized and ad-hoc basis.
- Partner with various company divisions to perform ad-hoc analytics for stakeholders and continuously deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Work closely with business partners to understand key characteristics and revenue/cost sources for each product and client segments.
- Build relationships and trust with business partners and help develop business line KPI/Metrics.
- Develop and recommend creative and innovative ways of illustrating new ideas and strategies tailored to the audience.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and use that knowledge to make effective recommendations and advance ideas that are in the best interests of the business.
- Recommend improvements to current data structure and tables that enhance processes and automation for reporting.
- Validate data integrity between the general ledger and product/customer level database to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Use profitability models to support the aggregation of line of business, product, member, and delivery channel information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related functional experience, including financial analysis reporting or modeling responsibilities, or comparable work experience required. Experience in financial services or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using data visualization tools (Ex. SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau) or other analytical and business intelligence tools required.
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation using Excel, SQL, SAS, Hyperion, Tableau or BI Power BI) required.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, and reporting abilities required.
- Knowledge of Bank products and services preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and challenge strategies based upon financial and market metrics required.
- Working knowledge of profitability and cost analytics required.
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, Access, database management, Excel, Word), with the ability to learn new software quickly required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate complex financial issues required.
- Ability to plan, organize, execute, and implement multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.