The Sr. Business Development Manager-Mortgage is responsible for the sourcing and development of BECU’s mortgage community business partnerships. The Sr. Business Development Manager-Mortgage, becomes involved with community and industry organizations, relationship building and development with Real Estate Services, affinity partners and external sales partnerships. The position works closely with Mortgage leaders to understand BECU mortgage needs and opportunities. This position will track product results and trends to create plans to develop new, and grow existing, community business partners and participation in community events. The Sr. Business Development Manager- Mortgage develops mortgage business opportunities based on a solid understanding of the financial services market and builds business relationships within all communities served by BECU.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Build partnerships and relationships with BECU Real Estate Service program to monitor performance trends and develop new marketing and sales opportunities.
- Build partnerships and relationships with affinity partners, realty companies and industry organizations to develop sales channels for BECU mortgage products and services.
- Represent the Mortgage business unit and work with Community Sales Team to broaden BECU’s reach in the community.
- Identify new business opportunities and assist the Marketing Department and Community Educators with the development of promotional materials and target placement in order to gain market share penetration and earn new relationships.
- Work with BECU’s Servicing, Retail and Call Center (SRCC) Community/Business Development team, representing Mortgage to expand new and existing opportunities.
- Assume a leadership role in the planning, organization and participation of credit union sponsored events, to include community, civic and professional organizations.
- Present professionally in all business segments and within all levels of the organization. Manage complex partnerships and gain entry into new opportunities.
- Work with business units to identify potential credit union partners, and build relationships with groups or organizations in order to increase market share and provide a full array of financial services. Participate in business related events.
- Complete accurate reports and develop measurable mortgage sales objectives for external sales units. Ensure that prospect and client/member tracking systems and related reports are timely and available.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and consultative assistance for Mortgage Sales managers and other sales teams as they develop their business outreach strategies, goals and objectives. Project, forecast and monitor all applicable activities.
- Have a general knowledge of the various functions of departments of the Credit Union.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Credit Union loan policy and state and federal consumer lending/deposit regulations, as well as a working knowledge of Credit Union products and services.
- Research, organize and execute Credit Union’s participation in community and charity events at the district level.
- Work with Marketing to develop target collateral or tailor existing material.
- Build and manage ongoing positive relationships with community leaders.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to effectively present to individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, members, and outside.
- Ability to present a professional image to staff, members, vendors, and other outside contacts.
- Thorough knowledge of Mortgage products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of sales channels including branch, call center, online and realtors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to learn new software.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to commute between locations.
- B.A. or B.S. in business or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in mortgage sales required.
- Three to five years of experience in B2B, business development or external sales.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).