The Senior Vice President, Financial Performance Management (FPM) is responsible for leading, maturing and optimizing the Credit Unions (CU) processes related to Plan & Forecast, Capital Stress Testing, Financial Performance Management Reporting & Analysis, Business Finance Support and Finance Operations. This role will ensure the CU has the capabilities, tools, data, and resources to support strong financial performance management practices across the organization. In addition, this role will optimize financial performance by enabling leadership, at all levels, with data driven financial analysis and reporting informing performance objectives, investment decisions, and execution tactics to optimize financial performance in support of the achievement of the CU’s key strategic objectives.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Collaborate with Executive and Sr. Leadership across the CU to build a culture of strong financial performance management practices, enabling capability and influencing mindset.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the following functional areas:
- Corporate FP&A
- Oversee the coordination of Annual Plan development for Board approval.
- Work with the Board of Directors (BOD) and Executive Management Team (EMT) to establish key plan performance objectives, including an investment budget.
- Establish and lead the facilitation of rolling monthly forecast updates.
- Oversee and support monthly EMT and BOD reporting against plan and forecast.
- Lead and facilitate the CU’s annual Capital Planning and Stress Testing (CPST) efforts, in accordance with Regulatory requirements, informing the CU’s target capital adequacy level.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for corporate level strategic decisions related to merger and acquisition assessments, etc.
- Ownership and advancement of the CU’s profitability database and management reporting suite.
- Business Line Finance Partnership
- Partner on business strategy development, investment decisioning and initiative prioritization with sound financial analysis, industry, and macro-economic insights.
- Optimize business performance driven by strong financial performance management practices.
- Provide guidance and direction to establish plan expectations in support of management to plan.
- Finance Operations
- Optimize and mature Finance systems administration in coordination with Corporate Technology team.
- Oversee identification of an integrated financial data hierarchy in support of Finance data management.
- Provide guidance and vision in the implementation of process improvements and productivity enhancements.
- Key Leader and contributor for divisional level planning, prioritization, and execution against key objectives.
- Provide oversight on shared services strategies relating to division communications, event coordination, change initiatives, finance systems, processes, and people.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training within the department to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations.
- Provide strong leadership to a high-performance team that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise, high standards of personal conduct, and a reputation for providing excellent service to Credit Union staff.
- Create an open, supportive, and effective environment in which staff can maximize their personal and professional growth and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration required. Advanced degree and/or MBA, CFA, CPA combination strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of senior leadership role either as CFO in medium-sized financial services or divisional level CFO in larger financial services organization
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in a management or leadership role required.
- Experience applying advanced concepts in accounting and asset and liability management to business solutions
- Expertise in translating complex financial concepts to business terms, at the Board and Executive leadership level.
- Experience leading merger and acquisition financial analysis and financial due diligence desired
- Expertise in ‘soft’ skills, including executive presence, leader of people, presentation skills, relationship building, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Excellence in leading people in project management and ability to proactively embrace and lead change.
- Ability to develop the skills and tools needed to engage and maximize the potential of a high performing team required.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.