As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $130,200-$159,200 annually. The full Pay Range is $101,100-$188,300 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Statistical Modeling Manager is responsible for the development and management leveraging of statistically derived credit risk modelsing for loan or deposit originations strategies, account management strategies, collections strategies, and loan loss forecasting, capital plans and stress testing, and economic capital analysis. The Statistical Modeling Manager will apply statistical theory to large data sets partner with model developers and implement credit risk models independently and through collaboration with stakeholders throughout the Credit Union.
- Own development, re-development and calibration of use and deployment of statistical risk models using statistical analytical packages; including but not limited to, credit decision scorecards, for economic capital modeling Basel IRB – (PD, LGD, EAD), Stress Testing, IFRS 9/ and CECL Models – steps, etc.
- Gather and evaluate data for reliability and usability and research and apply data treatment methods.
- Manage data needs and systems testing to implement models.
- Evaluate model performance of existing models using statistics techniques as part of the annual review process. Research statistical methods and apply enhancements to existing suite of models to improve accuracy. The following types of models for all loan types are in scope: Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure at Default (EAD), and loan loss forecast.
- Collaborate with business partners and product management to help them understandcommunicate model results from models and whether statistical methods and models are appropriate to provide insight to questions of interest. Provide value-added solutions for the enhancement of risk-return trade-off using statistical analytical packages requiring mastery of SAS, SQL programming languages.
- Establish and maintain risk modeling procedures to ensure consistency of application across use cases.
- Provide analytic and support for BECU’s credit risk modeling in areas such as: quantifying credit risk appetite and tolerance relative to target capitalization levels, portfolio mix, and targeted loss levels.
- Maintain and apply technicalbusiness knowledge relating to loan portfolio trends and composition., while managing data requests and systems testing process to analyze and present model outputs.
- Develop and maintain model development and implementation documentation, change control documentation, and strategy validation documentation and presentation materials (targeted to both (technical and non-technical stakeholders).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, math, or finance, with coursework in statistics required.
- Minimum 7 years of functional experience in credit risk modeling or similarly quantitative field required. Credit Risk modeling experience in one or more of real estate secured loan products (i.e., mortgage, home equity), auto, credit card and commercial loan products preferred.
- Advanced experience with statistical modeling, required, to include models that produce Probability of Default, Exposure at Default, and Loss Given Default; capital planning and stress testing preferred.
- Proficient with Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR), Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing (DFAST) and Basel Regulatory Capital Framework preferred.
- Proficient with modelling techniques including logistic regression, multivariate analysis, and Monte Carlo preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proficient working with statistical analytical packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata and/or R, and SQL preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, with the ability to learn new software and systems required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with management officials at all levels, as well as other risk and model management personnel required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Remote, TX
- Remote, SC
- Remote, OR
- Remote, GA
- Remote, AZ
- Remote, ID