The Sr. Business Relationship Manager - Expansion Markets is responsible for acquiring and developing business member relationships for BECU’s Business Services organization in new markets, where the role may (or may not) be developed prior to establishing local Neighborhood Financial Centers (NFCs). This role will execute an integrated sales, service and relationship strategy using the Credit Union’s full set of commercial lending and deposit product offerings in order to develop a portfolio of investor and owner-occupied Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Commercial and Industrial (C&I) borrowers. The Sr. Business Relationship Manager - Expansion Markets will manage respective client portfolios to ensure maximum return to members, seamless operational delivery, adherence to the Credit Union's policies/procedures and an optimal member experience. This role is responsible for business development, credit analysis and loan structuring, business member engagement, relationship management and overall portfolio and credit risk management. The Sr. Business Relationship Manager- Expansion Markets will coordinate with internal business partners, assigned Neighborhood Financial Centers (NFCs) and external partners to ensure Credit Union Strategic Objectives are met.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage commercial relationships (both CRE and C&I) through the systematic use of an established sales performance management process that includes targeting, marketing, calling and regular follow-ups.
- Collect and manage business client (member) relationship financial information. Communicate regularly with both the member/business and Business Credit Administration team members to ensure loans are approved, booked and funded in a proper and timely manner and that the member experience is optimal.
- Review applications and supporting credit information to make an initial assessment of the viability of the credit application and provide salient comments to Credit Administration when submitting the application.
- Communicate declinations to prospects and clients/members in written or verbal form as required by credit union procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor loan portfolio, communicating directly with borrowers as appropriate; actively participate with Credit Administration to ensure that all required financial exhibit due dates are monitored and financials are received from clients/members in a timely manner.
- Work with management/leadership to negotiate past due collections, workouts and default situations.
- Cross-sell and refer appropriate BECU products and services.
- Optimize BECU revenues/return to member and business member value by focusing on high value added relationships and transactions.
- Provide product expertise, creative business solutions and timely, relevant responses to member needs.
- Ensure respective business portfolio complies with the Credit Union’s credit and risk guidelines.
- Develop annual business plans for respective business portfolio to include membership, loans, deposits, and non-interest income in order to meet Credit Union goals and support Strategic Objectives.
- Recommend new and maintain existing business partner relationships, including partnerships supporting payroll processing, merchant services, treasury management and investment services, while maintaining acceptable service level agreements per partner.
- Partner with internal resources and departments to develop and drive cross-division sales and business member engagement strategies, identify product enhancements, capture market opportunities, develop cross-selling initiatives and deliver a superior member experience.
- Create local community awareness of Business Services products and financial service solutions.
- Work with Marketing to develop sales tools, advertising strategies and identify communication opportunities to support BECU brand awareness within new market.
- Network within local geographic area to build strong foundation of trusted referral sources and Centers of Influence while building out the BECU brand awareness.
- Understand local market competition to better position BECU Business Services within local market.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. in business or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum ten years of commercial relationship management experience with small to mid-sized businesses or commercial real estate investors.
- Minimum seven years of experience working with commercial real estate and /or C&I borrowers interpreting and understanding their financials.
- Excellent sales, cross-selling and business development skills using an established sales performance management process.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal regulatory compliance laws, credit union credit policy, business & commercial loan products and services, accounting, marketing, sales, and financial and credit/portfolio management principles.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language at all levels in the organization, including executive management.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Ability to assess credit risk in CRE and C&I opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of product profitability and pricing analysis.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations, statewide, or overseas.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary