As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $89,000-$108,800 annually. The full Pay Range is $69,100-$128,700 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Senior Financial Systems Administrator is responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership of Finance Systems capability. This person is responsible for design, development, testing and direct on-going administration of assigned enterprise performance management software.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Administer assigned financial reporting systems used in the Finance Division department including month-end and year-end processes.
- Maintain the functionality of and provide support for the financial reporting systems, including creation and maintenance of third party system interfaces.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve department effectiveness, using new or existing technology to create process improvements and workplace efficiencies.
- Serve as a system consultant to support staff and provide guidance to management regarding long-term system objectives as they relate to department goals.
- Set up new users, manage license information, system access and privileges to ensure data security. Provide expertise and training to the systems’ end users.
- Collaborate with vendors and IT to troubleshoot and resolve system issues, document resolution steps, install application patches, perform upgrades and enhancements, conduct system testing and end-user acceptance.
- Research, recommend, develop and test system functionality to meet business requirements.
- Ensure data backup and disaster recovery procedures are intact, completed and coordinated with IT.
- Create and maintain system metadata and associated architecture.
- Stay informed of best practices both internally and externally, and provide a conduit for introducing those practices to the Credit Union.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of how assigned systems work and the impact changes to those systems have on its users and the Credit Union.
- Facilitate creation of new integrations and manage existing integrations with other Credit Union systems.
- Create and maintain financial report layouts and financial system queries.
- Ensure that procedures are documented and updated to provide staff with instruction/guidelines for daily operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work or education related experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Systems Analyst, System Administrator, or equivalent experience required. Strong SAS knowledge and experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in an accounting/finance environment required.
- Experience directly assisting users with system issues, leading project teams and effectively communicating system functionality to end users.
- Familiarity with relational databases and ability to manage and analyze large quantities of data.
- Thorough understanding of software structure, testing techniques, and issue resolution methodology.
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), as well as Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies preferred.
- Excellent planning, scheduling, implementation, conceptual, organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Remote, TX
- Remote, OR
- Remote, ID
- Remote, SC
- Remote, AZ
- Remote, GA