The Enterprise Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing successful completion of projects, features, and initiatives related to the various business units within the Credit Union. This includes working with people at all levels of the organization. The Enterprise Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of execution, from planning through closure.
This Project Manager will be joining a mature scrum team and we are requiring experience managing a scrum team as the scrum master.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Ensure appropriate project governance is in place.
- Ensure business outcomes/objectives and project scope are defined and documented.
- Lead the project team in the successful planning, execution, and implementation of projects from initiation through project closure.
- Develop work plans for complex or specialized projects, features, and business initiatives.
- Follow the prescribed project management methodology on all projects.
- Ensure all project artifacts are sufficiently documented and conform to audit requirements.
- Manage project financials including creation of a budget and forecast, reconciliation of actuals against forecast, and review/approval of project invoices.
- Create and manage resource plan for project(s).
- Provide input to and/or review vendor SOWs/contracts and manage the activities of external (to BECU) partners and resources that may be working on assigned projects.
- Remove impediments/clear the path for the team to work.
- Collaborate, communicate, and manage dependencies with other teams.
- Manage risks and issues throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensure that executive sponsors, project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members receive consistent and timely communication regarding project status, issues and risks.
- Facilitate creation and management of release plans, go-live activities, and support.
- Continuously improve project delivery throughout the lifecycle.
- Facilitate project on-boarding for new team members.
- Create a positive and collaborative work environment for project team(s).
- Continuous improvement of Enterprise PMO processes
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business or computer science or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required leading projects or serving in a project management type of role, or equivalent educational experience required.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and remove obstacles from project path required.
- Excellent communication, leadership, negotiation and project management skills required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple technical and business-related projects required.
- Effective verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.