Are you a total rewards leader who has a demonstrated history of building creative and innovative programs that support transformational initiatives? Would you like to work with an organization that is member-owned, purpose-driven, and focused on improving the financial health of its members and communities? Then please read on...
BECU, one of the nation's largest Credit Unions, is seeking a Vice President of Total Rewards to lead the development of innovative total rewards strategies and programs that support BECU's strategic initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and leading an innovative and competitive organization wide Total Rewards strategy and directing management activities for HR programs, including compensation, benefits, and wellness. This role will ensures BECU has the capabilities, tools, data, and resources to support these programs.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Oversee the planning, development, compliance, implementation, and evaluation of all benefits programs, including health and wellness, life and disability, and retirement programs.
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of all compensation programs, including job architecture framework, merit and other salary increases, executive compensation, bonus structures, wage and competitive data/market practices, and incentive programs.
- Partner with business leaders across the credit union, advising and consulting to maximize effectiveness of the total rewards strategies. Build and maintain relationships with leaders to ensure a strong connection and credibility between the Total Rewards Strategies and business strategies.
- Partner with HR Leadership to ensure Total Rewards programs are vetted from a Human Resources perspective follow the overall Human Resources strategy, value and goals.
- Regularly evaluate total rewards programs for competitiveness and effectiveness. Anticipate future demand, regulatory impact, labor market trends, and internal demographic changes to build creative, forward looking total rewards strategies and programs that will enable BECU to attract and retain top talent.
- Deliver solutions that are scalable and sustainable while allowing for variation where appropriate. Work with external vendors and consultants as needed, to optimize all programs.
- Direct the regulatory reporting for all Total Rewards programs and ensure compliance with federal and state requirements pertaining to Total Rewards.
- Present Total Rewards plans, programs, and metrics to the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations and providing feedback.
- Provide strong leadership to a higher-performance team that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise, high standards of personal conduct, and a reputation for providing excellent service to Credit Union staff.
- Create an open, supportive, and effective environment in which staff can maximize their professional and personal growth and development.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of leadership experience in Total Rewards, including compensation, benefits, work-life, and performance management required, preferably in a high-growth environment .
- Minimum five years of experience in executive compensation required.
- Minimum five years of experience in pension benefits strongly preferred.
- Certifications in Compensation (CCP) and Benefits (CBP, CEEBs) preferred.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and excellent math skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to Total Rewards.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.