The Vice President, Technology Operations Services is responsible for planning for and leading the Service Desk, Network & Telecommunications, Data Centers, Database Analysis and Command Center functions within the Information Technology division at BECU. The Vice President, Technology Operations is responsible for centralized IT production support for the credit union. The position is responsible for the effective management of third party/vendor engagements to ensure the stability of BECU’s technology platforms.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU’s Performance Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and management of the credit union’s technology applications and infrastructure performance.
- Develop the Technology Operations team to ensure they demonstrate excellence in customer service, project management, technical skills, professionalism, and trust.
- Develop long-range technology strategies for BECU’s technical infrastructure and oversee the development and delivery of technology initiatives to deliver on our strategies.
- Lead the development of technology operations RFIs/RFPs process.
- Effectively manage vendors leveraging strong performance driven metrics and measurements.
- Evaluate emerging technology and industry trends and innovations, and assess potential impacts.
- Lead a team of Data Center/Command Center, Database Administration, Service Desk, Production and Network/Systems managers and individual contributors dedicated to providing timely, technology operations solutions.
- Lead the management of IT supplier relations to ensure optimal benefits and outcomes for the credit union and its membership.
- Provide timely and insightful direction and coaching to direct reports so that they understand their roles, and the expectation of their roles in implementing BECU’s and Information Technology’s vision, mission and strategic priorities.
- Develop reliable feedback mechanisms that will generate the information needed to continually improve the quality of service provided by the Technology Operations team.
- Develop and maintain an EMS (Enterprise Management System) which provides a proficient infrastructure that allows uninterrupted services to our employees and members. Ensure procedures are current and that fault, configuration, security, performance, and accounting management principles are followed.
- Develop and implement an internal department training program for Technology Operations staff which includes technical competence, as required; customer service skills; the opportunity to develop and compete for more technical positions within the IT area; and professionalism and trust.
- Participate in key BECU and IT governance, planning and initiative review teams, committees and meetings.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the annual operating plan.
- Develop and apply subject matter expertise regarding relevant events, market trends, and competitive developments that affect the IT industry and BECU.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality service.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees (internal customers) to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership skills that can help develop a highly motivated and competent group of departments within Technology Operations.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image to staff, members, vendors, and outside contacts.
- Excellent planning skills in both tactical and strategic planning.
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Exceptional leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of leadership experience in IT infrastructure, production or operations in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- Minimum ten years of experience managing outsourced IT operations functions.
- Minimum five years of experience leading a 24/7 IT production organization with remote locations.