As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $18.75-$22.21 hourly. The full Pay Range is $18.75-$26.25 hourly. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Teller is responsible for the disbursement, receipt, and deposit of cash and checks, over the counter, and through the express and night drops. This person must have excellent member service skills, a good knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures, as well as products, services and remote access channels offered by the Credit Union. All teller transactions should be provided in an accurate, friendly, professional, and timely manner to ensure quality services are being provided to the membership.
Sign-on bonus available! New hires (or rehires over 12 months) are eligible to receive a $1,250 bonus. Ask your recruiter for details!
5-Week Training Schedule:
- Monday-Friday with flexibility needed to start at 8am, 9am, and 10 am for 8 hours
After Training Schedule:
- Monday-Friday between 8:30am-6:30pm
- Rotational Saturday’s from 8:45am-1:30 pm (You will work four 9-hour weekdays leading up to Saturday if scheduled to work. This will allow one weekday off at the discretion of leadership.)
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Adhere to the Member Solutions Observable Behaviors, the Member Advantage program, and quality service standards.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Performance Competencies and Information Protection Program.
- Respond to all member requests and inquiries in an efficient, effective manner.
- Ensure that all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service and that member concerns/complaints are resolved promptly.
- Properly administer cash withdrawal and check cashing limits.
- Maintain a general knowledge of all products and services offered by the Credit Union as well as a general knowledge of job functions within each department of the Credit Union.
- Have a thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations governing transactions and U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Seek to “deepen member relationships” by asking the right questions and determining the right product fit to expand the number of accounts and services utilized by members.
- Promote and effectively demonstrate remote access channels to members.
- Rotate between lobby, drive-up and the Member Services Information desk.
- Mentor new employees during and after their initial training.
- Make recommendations to leadership of any process or procedure needing revision or updating.
- Assist in developing new member relationships through business development activities, community involvement and existing member referrals by providing excellent service. Actively participate in sales and service activities and goals.
- Seek developmental opportunities for professional growth. Participate in ongoing coaching, job shadowing, mentoring and training to develop and enhance performance.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Review robbery procedures on a regular basis and have a thorough knowledge of these procedures.
- High school diploma or associated Certification (GED) required.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience required.
- Teller or cash handling experience preferred.
- Good organizational and clerical skills, including calculator and light keyboarding.
- Proficient math skills, with the ability to process account transactions accurately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Good verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure member concerns are handled in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires evenings, nights or weekends.
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Successful completion of in-house teller training program.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.