The Target Pay Range for this position is $130,200-$159,200 annually. The full Pay Range is $101,100-$188,300 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
The Sr Software Developer will lead teams writing software according to design specifications and be responsible for the bulk of the more complex development work. The Sr Software Developer is responsible for designing and coding features, automated tests, and scripts and will also design data models, database scripts and database migrations. The Sr Software Developer will recommend and implement technical solutions for business problems, contributing to system and service design and architecture. This position will present and contribute solutions to technical leadership. The Sr Software Developer also works closely with and mentors other developers, business and systems analysts, to build enterprise class software.
Work location: Remote work within WA, TX, GA, AZ, SC, OR and ID
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop prototypes, proofs of concept, and solutions by combining technical expertise with a deep understanding of software design. Deliver and design highly available and scalable services in a production environment.
- Leads small to medium sized teams in the development and testing of system components/services, code, and design reviews.
- Present and communicate technical topics to the larger engineering community.
- Responsible for complex and multi-tier system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Responsible for identifying code / design / structural improvement across BECU technical systems, including opportunities for greenfield development, and implementing those improvements.
- Contributes to BECU code quality and extensibility by exampling and enforcing existing coding standards within delivery teams. Assists senior staff in creating and defining those standards.
- Lead teams in automating and improve business processes and interactions with limited business guidance.
- Works with Architects and product owners to design and document the team’s technology roadmap and vision.
- Mentor junior developers / SDETs on the team via individual consulting and code reviews.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum five years of experience designing software and writing production code in a team environment required.
- Deep understanding of Secure Development best practices, demonstrated by regular use of static code analysis tools to explain and correct secure coding flaws required.
- Proven ability to deliver highly scalable solutions in multiple programming languages and technical environments over the entire product lifecycle (from ideation to retirement) required.
- Deep experience in one of the following domains: server-side web dev, modern client-side web dev, REST/web services, large scale data analytics using Machine Learning frameworks, networking, and service mesh required.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles, Object-Oriented Programming and Design required. Experience with SOA patterns and distributed systems design required.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems and tools such as Azure DevOps Services, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or Teamcity. Proficiency at building build / deployment pipelines in YAML required.
- Deep expertise in Test Driven Development concepts, methods, and tools. Demonstrated experience in unit testing, integration testing or performance/load testing required.
- Experience using git, including performing code reviews, pull requests, and following branching standards such as Git Flow or Trunk-Based Development required.
- Experience presenting in front of technically adept audiences required.
- Experience with SQL, large datasets, data warehousing and sophisticated ETL processes, analytics engines required. Knowledge of cloud-hosted SQL-based datastores, and NoSQL systems preferred.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies, through work or continuing industry or education involvement required.
- Proven experience leading and collaborating within team, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Full time hours required.