As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $130,200-$159,200 annually. The full Pay Range is $101,100-$188,300 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr Operations Engineer will configure and maintain systems that support internal and external BECU business and technology customers. Our ideal candidate will have strong experience with Workstation hardware and operating systems. Using automation and traditional methods, the Sr Operations Engineer will support products and services that are resilient, manageable, and observable, allowing for high-impact changes to be made frequently and predictably with minimal effort. Sr Operations Engineers will use their experience with traditional infrastructure and service management. In addition, they use modern software delivery practices, end-to-end automation concepts, and how to leverage tools to achieve these goals.
Work location: Remote work within TX, GA, WA, AZ, SC, OR and ID.
- Perform all responsibilities per BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Deploy products and services with a security first mindset. Includes security considerations in all updates and changes.
- Deploy and support bi-modal and hybrid infrastructure, including products and services as required by customer and business needs.
- Present and communicate technical expertise, guidance, and advice to product teams and peers as needed. Knowledge share with teams and with the larger engineering community where appropriate.
- Attend conferences, training, and communities of practice to stay aligned with organizational and industry patterns.
- Analyze telemetry for gaps and improve coverage to reduce outages and time to resolution. Implement telemetry for operations to increase reliability, availability, and confidentiality of products and services.
- Develop architecture and dataflow diagrams, and be able to speak to frameworks, protocols, and external dependencies of team's products.
- Develop, manage, and automate services and process using knowledge of scripting languages, modern software methodologies and ancillary products.
- Perform intermediate code and peer reviews using modern software methodologies, sometimes with help from senior engineers.
- Deliver solutions that require little rework, directly contributes to team success, and satisfies customer and business need(s).
- Collaborate with team members to implement best practices given requirements for software and systems.
- Analyze security metrics, vendor announcements, threat intelligence, and reports to complete work items for remediation.
- Mentor and teach lower-level staff regarding our complex platforms and systems.
- Remediate configurations, system vulnerabilities, and risks assigned by priority.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of related functional experience required. Experience in one or more of the following disciplines required: Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Unified Communications, Virtualization, Web and Application Development, Infrastructure Services: Enterprise Maintenance and Support, Infrastructure Support, Desktop and Client Support.
- Technical focus in two or more of the following disciplines required: Microsoft Azure IaaS/PaaS, SaaS, Hypervisor, Enterprise SANs, Backups, Microsoft M365, Operating Systems, Hardware Solutions, Infrastructure-as-Code, or other modern enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Any certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies preferred.
- Demonstrated experience designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting products, services, and complex systems to production in a team environment required.
- Demonstrated experience using ITIL, traditional infrastructure and service management and modern software delivery practices, end-to-end automation concepts, and how to leverage tools to achieve these goals preferred.
- Proficient in how to troubleshoot, monitor, integrate, configure, and administer SaaS applications and/or internal platforms for BECU's use preferred.
- Previous experience using two or more scripting languages (Ex. PowerShell, Python) with optimizing and debugging preferred.
- Proficient with agile methodologies and lean principles (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Demos, Retrospective, etc.) required.
- Proficient implementing security in a multi-tiered application required. Knowledge of more complex security methods preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate are required.
- Ability to work well in a hybrid team environment required.
- Occasional travel (up to 10%) may be required to/from BECU facilities.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- On-call support rotations to provide 24 x 7 coverage will be required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Remote, TX
- Remote, SC
- Remote, OR
- Remote, GA
- Remote, ID