As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $143,400-$175,300 annually. The full Pay Range is $111,300-$207,400 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr Credit Risk Officer is responsible for developing and executing full lifecycle Credit Risk strategies for one or more of BECU’s credit risk portfolios. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining an acceptable level of risk within these portfolios by enhancing and ensuring adherence to credit union governance policies, internal lending policies, procedures, and processes, including compliance with federal and state regulations. The Sr Credit Risk Officer acts as the Credit Risk Policy & Strategy representative between the department and the appropriate lines of business, committees, and other stakeholders.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection practices.
- Participate and present as a member of the Credit Risk Committee.
- Lead credit risk management special projects and initiatives.
- Develop strategies and guidelines across BECU's portfolios and lead credit risk activities within the parameters of federal and state regulations.
- Administer changes to the risk appetite through development and support of credit risk initiatives and portfolio origination, campaigns, account management, collections, and loss mitigation quality requirements.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the BECU portfolios. Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices and use that knowledge to institute enhancements to BECU’s best practices and procedures.
- Optimize lending and account management decision engines for alignment with risk strategies, operational efficiencies, and member experience.
- Develop and maintain consistent documentation of BECU's policy framework, including policies, guidelines, procedures, and standards.
- Participate in ongoing mentoring and training of department staff to develop and encourage associate performance.
- Ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations that relate to areas of responsibility and ensure other departments and Credit Union employees maintain consistent processes, procedures, and compliance standards.
- Ensure written procedures are documented for all functions within areas of responsibility and update as necessary.
- Maintain the necessary operational audit and/or management information reporting that may be required of the Credit Policy & Strategy department, to include keeping statistical records as necessary.
- Partner with internal and external resources to design and implement programs that support employee and member advocacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, or economics, or equivalent work or education experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of functional credit risk management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry with a focus on one or more of the following areas preferred: Consumer Depository Products, Business Depository Products, Consumer Unsecured Lending, Business Banking Unsecured Lending.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with quantitative software and database querying tools (ex. SAS, SQL, excel) required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with presentation development software (ex. tableau, powerpoint) required.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience preferred. Proven success in leading or directing the work of others.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, e.g., Reg E, Reg CC, and NACHA rules
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices, compliance and federal regulation issues for consumer and commercial lending functions required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a credible challenge to peers and management based on established subject matter expertise and deep understanding business influences required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform analysis of portfolio performance and articulate results and desired outcomes from a risk management perspective required.
- Demonstrated ability to collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as formulate ideas and recommendations required.
- Demonstrated ability to participate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, including the establishment of objectives and milestones, time management, and communication of successes and obstructions required
- Excellent PC skills and database skills (MS Office Suite), with the ability to learn and utilize new software required.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability for departmental and Credit Union changes.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Remote, TX
- Remote, SC
- Remote, OR
- Remote, GA
- Remote, AZ
- Remote, ID