The Sr Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving services and products to BECU members and employees through the use of technology and process improvements. The SBSA leverages the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. The SBSA acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments to translate business needs and objectives into technology solutions. The SBSA works on complex products spanning multiple areas of BECU and acts as a mentor and lead to other Business Systems Analysts across multiple teams throughout BECU Technology.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, training, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Lead the process of creating a product/program’s business case, managing the identification and proposing viable technology solutions with a focus on reducing technical debt, satisfying regulatory compliance and delivering business features and functional demands. Activities can include, but not limited to, vendor product research, RFP development and vendor selection criteria scoring methodology.
- Lead special committees to continuously improve processes, tools or organizational effectiveness.
- Work with the Product Owner, business partners, decision makers and end users to define and document roadmap and sprint-level goals, requirements, user stories and outcomes. Manage the process to elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications through coordinated workshops, creating use cases and process models.
- Manage complex software platforms with critical business requirements for financial, product and compliance requirements. This includes managing configuration, data, user permissions, workflow, reporting, upgrades and processing.
- Analyze and refine complex requirements and acceptance requirements for all sizes of program/products across multiple business units.
- Create and manage interface designs, prototypes, data flow diagrams and system models.
- Translate functional and non-functional specifications for internal and external software requirements. Manage applicable large vendor relationships and coordination of vendor deliverable.
- Work with other technology and business-related experts to address product, business, technical and infrastructure needs.
- Oversee test plan and refinement of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Oversee user acceptance testing and obtains sign-off from business partners.
- Manage the installation of application patches, configuration as needed for software enablement, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines, and develop disaster recovery plans for applications/services. This includes in-house, third-party, SAAS, PAAS solutions.
- Lead business units in documenting and prioritizing business partners’ objectives within their aligned roadmaps.
- Stay abreast of significant change management initiatives, assess organizational impacts and present to appropriate leadership.
- Lead their delivery team with activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of products/programs.
- Create and manage technical user manuals, system configuration documentation and other technical reports for all sizes of products/programs.
- Manage product operational lifecycle, such as application administration support, coordinating the development and maintenance of manuals/procedures, troubleshooting and maintaining application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps. Includes monitoring performance, discovering variances and implementing necessary changes.
- Develop and manage communication between end users, vendors and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems.
- Manage security practices and ensure Cyber Security practices and policies are managed within their program portfolio.
- Consult, design, implement and provide solution efficiencies to ensure systems meet all data privacy, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Create and iterate technical documentation consistent with software changes.
- Proactively configure systems based on business drivers and day-to-day systems optimization.
- Oversee technical walk-throughs and demos with development and business stakeholders.
- Mentor less experienced team members of systems, configurations and tool suite.
- Fulfill the role of subject matter expert in required situations.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of experience working with business software applications required.
- Have a working knowledge of theory and usage of Cloud Computing required.
- Strong with multiple change approaches from Agile, Lean, TDD, Waterfall, etc. and understand the proper use and application of each approach required.
- Manage time and balance multiple priorities. Ability to be flexibility and adaptability to change and ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated capability of influencing with authority, projects self-confidence and management presence.
- Capable of developing and delivering the full system development life cycle and its various phases (including user story creation, test planning, test execution, CICD pipeline support, production implementation and break-fix production issue resolution).
- Advanced skills with SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages required, including multiple methods for analyzing, reporting and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Ability to remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect your role, business area(s) and the Information Technology industry
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering vocabulary and data architecture. Includes experience working with Azure DevOps, JIRA or other Agile development team tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training. Includes proficiency with such tools as Splunk, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong business cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement projects and in accordance with BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills that builds rapport and relates well with all levels within the Credit Union.
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.