The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for acting in a consulting capacity in order to perform interpretive analysis and provide "financial decision" support. This role provides subject matter expertise on forecasted GAAP and plays a significant role in periodic forecasts and the annual financial plan. The Sr. Financial Analyst is a liaison to senior and mid-level management teams by having a thorough understanding of their business and financial reporting needs. This role has a main focus on supporting BECU's Tech division, with a strong emphasis on technical systems (knowledge, understanding, awareness, etc).
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Serve as a proactive planning business partner to assigned areas of the Credit Union by acting as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for planning and reporting needs.
- Provide senior level analytical support in the development of the Credit Union's annual financial plan and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare monthly department expense, project and FTE level variance reports comparing monthly and year-to-date results with both plan and prior year results.
- Provide and maintain a consultative approach in support of the Finance Business Partners, departments, and focus groups.
- Participate and provide expertise in varied, broad and cross-divisional assignments.
- Lead interpretive analysis to provide process owners with cost improvement opportunities.
- Continuously assess the Credit Union's position in relation to the annual financial plan and provide input and recommendations on areas of opportunity.
- Continuously assesses and provide analysis consultation relating to the Credit Union's long-term, forecasted position in relation to ever changing variables.
- Lead the coordination of the budget education process for leaders in other areas of the Credit Union.
- Maintain an expertise in knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and related regulatory matters.
- Participate in the preparation of planning and forecast documents for Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- Develop expertise of the PeopleSoft accounting system and Hyperion budget system.
- Build analytical financial models to provide insight and recommendations to drive business performance.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and financial forecasts.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees (internal customers) to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned.
- Expertise in PC skills (Microsoft Office and flow-charting), with the ability to learn and utilize new software.
- Expert background using Hyperion Budgeting and Planning tool and Smart View skills (or similar software)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Seven years of related functional experience in a financial institution, or comparable work or educational experience.