The Member Consultant II provides a seamless delivery of member service from routine to complex issues by assisting in a branch environment. The role will be required to deliver a high quality member experience while using their knowledge of multiple products and will identify, diagnose, and act on members’ consumer financial needs, including referrals to the appropriate line of business for specialized services. The MC II utilizes their thorough knowledge of credit union products, including business deposit products and small business loans, consumer loans and lines of credit and deposit products (such as IRA products), to provide excellent customer service to the member. The Member Consultant II is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert to members and Member Consultants, creating an outstanding member experience by resolving member service needs, and delivering expertise in specialized financial services.
- Minimum 2 years post-High school education required or equivalent years of experience; 3 or more years post-High school education preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role at a Financial Institution, 3 years customer/member/client facing experience in a retail environment may be accepted instead. Combination of above experience totaling 4 years may also be accepted.
- Experience as a BECU Member Consultant preferred. Experience in business lending, mortgage lending and consumer lending preferred.
- Successful completion of in-house training program after hire is required.
- Excellent problem resolutions, negotiating, organization and peer coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key objectives, product and service solutions to communicate appropriate recommendations to uncover and address member needs.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to all membership, deposit and loan products and services offered including all forms, interest rates and necessary documentation.
- Thorough understanding of the sales process and manage a sales pipeline efficiently.
- Effective analytical skills with proficient math aptitude.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires evenings, nights or weekends.
- Full time hours required; additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).