The Manager Marketing Automation is primarily responsible for leading a team of marketing technologists to manage new and existing marketing technology platforms to create highly targeted and personalized member experiences. This role will partner closely with the digital marketing and marketing data engineers to connect data and technology to enable automated marketing campaigns, always-on member journeys, and triggered communications aimed at creating a highly relevant and engaging digital experiences for the BECU membership. This position will be the key liaison between digital marketing and technical teams and will define and create an interconnected marketing technology ecosystem.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations and providing feedback.
- Drive the BECU marketing technology strategy, evolution, and roadmap in partnership with other cross-functional BECU teams.
- Manage a team that is responsible for the development, launch and implementation of hyper-personalized automated and triggered omni-channel campaigns and experiences to meet Credit Union acquisition, engagement, and product goals.
- Identify, build, and maintain marketing technology architecture and platforms.
- Manage day to day operations of assigned member journeys and automations such as creation of journey experience, data queries, and QA process. Partner closely with Digital Marketing Manager to define audience targeting and business rules.
- Evaluate and advocate for new marketing technologies that will enable the team to create more personalized communications programs across all digital channels.
- Manage the marketing technology vendor relationship.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading digital initiatives with a demonstrated focus on marketing technology integration required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in people management required.
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Interaction Studio, or equivalent tools/software required.
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, and Google Analytics or equivalent tools/software preferred
- Strong ability to translate technical jargon into business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Exceptional planning, project management and data analytics skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while being willing and able to execute tactics.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.