As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $120,600-$147,200 annually. The full Pay Range is $93,800-$174,000 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Manager Enterprise Fraud Modeling and Analytics is responsible for the development, deployment, and monitoring of quantitatively based fraud risk mitigation and management solutions used by the credit union. This role will lead a team who will develop fraud solutions independently and through collaboration with stakeholders at all levels and functional areas throughout the credit union. This role will guide the management of fraud and implement the appropriate infrastructure, tools and techniques across the organization.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Provides direction for direct team, leaders, cross-functional business partners and analytics teams to design and generate advanced analytics and machine learning solutions.
- Provides analytic and strategy direction for BECU’s fraud mitigation and management strategy in areas such as quantifying fraud risk appetite and tolerance relative to risk mitigate effectiveness, mitigation strategy false positive rate, and member experience.
- Work closely with cross divisional business partners and leaders to develop and implement quantitatively based fraud mitigation solutions, including data acquisition, model development, and production deployment.
- Develops and provides input on and leadership over staff developing fraud prediction models leveraging supervised and unsupervised development methods and diverse data sources.
- Development and administration of a comprehensive knowledge of BECU data and core fraud systems.
- Leads the management of a fraud analytic initiatives pipeline. Proactively plan and prioritize work according to criticality and shifting priorities/strategies, while balancing need to drive longer-term initiatives.
- Provides vision and makes recommendations for updates via written and verbal communication to analytical and executive business audiences.
- Provide thought leadership on analytic and data management platform considerations that underlie the development and execution of BECU fraud strategies.
- Interface with external vendors in the evaluation of vended fraud risk mitigation solutions to determine suitability for possible use by BECU.
- Establish, monitor and maintain risk modeling policies and procedures to ensure consistency of application across business use cases.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge relating to fraud trends and composition, while analyzing and presenting model outputs.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and effectiveness, including reporting requirements.
- Guide and ensure maintenance of model documentation, change control documentation, and strategy validation documentation.
- Lead analytic staff supporting risk modeling activities. Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training within the department to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance reviews.
- Where appropriate, develop and maintain department budgets related to staff and supporting operating expense and projects.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fraud modeling and analytics with 2 years in fraud or risk management required. Experience in analytics and modeling or relevant area preferable.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience required.
- Advanced understanding of statistical modeling, data mining concepts, machine learning, and experience in solving complex problems with these disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer financial services or payments industries, threat landscape, fraud management concepts and practices, and performance implications of policy or strategy actions a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Proficient knowledge of statistical analytical packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata and/or R, Python, and SQL required. Knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence applications preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills required.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Remote, TX
- Remote, SC
- Remote, OR
- Remote, GA
- Remote, AZ
- Remote, ID