The Director Tech Financial & Analytics will provide the leadership and direct operational oversight for Tech Finance, Analytics and Strategic Sourcing. This leadership position will oversee the implementation of cost management models, ensuring continuous improvement, increased value, and transparency. This role will develop best practices around cost optimization and establish metrics to enable Tech management to drive strategic decision.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop a cost optimization program and drive communicate outcomes to Sr. Tech Leadership.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training to develop and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance reviews.
- Provide financial metrics and cost optimization direction to drive financial goals for the Technology division during the annual planning process, monthly and quarterly forecasts in partnership with enterprise Finance Partners.
- Ensure execution of Tech Strategic Sourcing program by providing guidance to the Strategic Sourcing Manager as the program is built out and matured.
- Develop finance strategy and oversight to Tech leaders including industry financial data and analysis, financial modeling, and other finance consultation.
- Partner with multiple teams across the enterprise to support running Tech as a business; the scope of work includes reporting and analyzing cost pools, Tech towers, headcount, and project portfolio.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the Cost Transparency Program through the ongoing collection of business requirements and seeing them through development and implementation.
- Provides Tech Sr. Leadership direction to drive cost optimization through metrics.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or related field or educational or work-related experience required.
- Ten years of experience as a technical lead of Service Costing Application or related tools.
- Minimum eight years of resource management experience required.
- Minimum of seven years of management experience required.
- Experience in building an IT Strategic Sourcing Program required.
- Experience in developing a cost optimization program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and implementing complex financial funding concepts and regulatory agency policies and guidelines preferred.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and/or regulatory requirements preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex issues and analyses that require in-depth knowledge of finances and Technology client organizations preferred.
- Extensive experience with cost-benefit, scenario analyses and ROI/NPV modelling, preferably in technology or complex and fast-paced environments preferred.
- Strong negotiation and effective interpersonal skills at all levels in an organization required.
- Excellent communication skills with the Ability to influence people, solve problems, troubleshoot, think creatively, and resolve conflicts required.
- Demonstrated expertise in business, financial, and management concepts preferred.