Come join a dynamic and innovative organization as the delivery team director aligned to the Technology Division. In this role, you will be able to apply your talents, leadership and creativity to build a new delivery team supporting the Technology Division’s large portfolio of initiatives, from internal efforts to enterprise wide. This is great opportunity to utilize your expertise to establish a new delivery team that provides high value products, services, capabilities and efficiencies in delivering on the division’s initiatives.
The Director, IT Business Solutions is responsible for leading the development and deployment of strategic and tactical plans for the assigned business unit(s), channels or business support functional areas. The Director, IT Business Solutions provides advice and counsel to assigned business unit leadership on recommended uses of technology to achieve the business areas’ strategic goals, objectives and initiatives, as well as on future technology needs and emerging technologies. This position partners effectively with IT leadership, business unit leadership and vendors to meet the development and production needs of assigned partner businesses.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU’s Performance Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Serve as single point of contact for all the technology needs of the partner businesses. Ensure IT resources are appropriately allocated and deployed to support assigned partner businesses. Counsel business partners on how technology could be best used to accomplish the assigned business areas’ tactical and strategic objectives as well as the performing constant evaluation of project objectives/prioritization and new business initiative analysis.
- Establish and continue to develop a deep knowledge of the operating environment, business dynamics/rhythm and unique needs of assigned partner business units in order to provide value-added support to the assigned partner business unit(s) in their technology. Develop an understanding of the overarching business model, key business drivers and unique characteristics of assigned businesses to facilitate the development of robust business cases, cost/benefit analyses and the achievement of partner businesses goals.
- Develop short term and mid-range technology plans, solutions and strategies and ensure delivery of these initiatives.
- Coordinate with all Directors and Sr. Managers of Business Solutions to ensure that initiatives are fully coordinated across all business lines.
- Evaluate emerging technology and industry trends and innovations, and assess potential impacts.
- Facilitate the effective use of technology to help meet the assigned business units’ objectives.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the tactical and strategic objectives for assigned businesses units.
- Participate in business-sponsored RFIs/RFPs process.
- Facilitate the effective ongoing dialogue between assigned business areas and IT while serving as the business area’s advocate within the IT organization.
- Lead a team of Business Solutions Analysts dedicated to providing timely, business-aligned technology solutions that enable and support the business needs of the units with which they are partnered, and partner with the business areas to turn business requirements into technical specifications.
- Lead and/or ensure effective oversight of projects being delivered to assigned business areas and matrix manage IT Project Management employees during the life of these projects.
- Provide timely and insightful direction and coaching to direct reports so that they understand their role and the expectation of their roles in implementing BECU’s, Information Technology’s and assigned partner businesses’ visions, missions and strategic priorities.
- Develop reliable feedback mechanisms that will generate the information needed to continually improve the quality of service provided by the Business Solutions team.
- Use understanding of IT initiatives in annual plan (timing, magnitude, priority, etc.) to ensure new/unplanned initiatives have complete financial plans including infrastructure costs.
- Participate in key IT and assigned business unit governance, planning and initiative review teams, committees and meetings.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the annual operating plan.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality service.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees (internal customers) to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership skills that can help develop a highly motivated and competent group of departments within IT Business Solutions.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image to staff, members, vendors, and outside contacts.
- Excellent planning skills in both tactical and strategic planning.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BECU’s Employee Resources Guide.
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Eight to ten years of leadership experience in Information Technology.
- Experience working in IT business partnership roles in fast-paced, cross-functional and cross-team environments.
- Experience in project lifecycles from business case development to final delivery, oversight of project teams as they gather functional and technical requirements, project timelines, status reports, issues/risks lists and deployment.
- Minimum two years of client relationship management experience with primary accountability for client relationships at the executive level across departments.
- Minimum two years of vendor relationship management including completion of RFPs/RFIs (vendor due diligence), negotiating contractual terms, contract execution, oversight of vendor fulfillment of contractual responsibilities.