The Credit Products Sr Manager, is responsible for management, oversight and monitoring of credit risk activities and performance related to assigned credit products. This includes being the subject matter expertise on credit risk related activities, making recommendations regarding credit risk appetite for the credit union to senior management, and promoting and/or updating policies and procedures used across the credit union’s lines of business. Additionally, this person will coordinate timely revisions and annual reviews of policies, procedures, or processes and provides feedback on various Business Line related initiatives and projects.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and execute strategies for credit risk management of loan portfolios, including origination, portfolio management, and collections.
- Lead the ongoing integration of activities, including planning, forecasting and business analysis to drive credit initiatives.
- Lead the development of reporting for assigned product family or line of business that includes credit performance measurements, economic indicators, and relevant forecasts to inform business strategy and outcomes.
- Define and create risk management strategies and roadmaps, managing products through their lifecycle.
- Evaluate, prioritize and lead decision making regarding new products and markets based on BECU’s credit risk appetite and growth objectives.
- Leverage understanding of economic, regulatory, social, cultural and competitive developments as they affect products/lines of business in order to identify potential threats and opportunities for BECU business.
- Initiate and lead cross-functional teams to deliver Credit Risk Management objectives.
- Correlate qualitative and quantitative research to define and inform business opportunities and potential risks.
- Have a thorough understanding of BECU’s operating plan and products in order to facilitate accomplishing the goals and objectives of the plan.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Policies, Guidelines, and Procedures to ensure alignment of credit risk objectives and business practices.
- Coordinate with Business Line management teams with any necessary product promotions and materials.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business related area or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in credit risk management role supporting consumer lending products.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial services with focus on lending.
- Effective cross-functional team leadership, relationship building, influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and develop a strong knowledge of the company's products, services, policies, procedures and culture.
- Ability to provide a credible challenge to peers and management based on established subject matter expertise and deep understanding business influences
- Ability to perform analysis of portfolio performance and articulate results and desired outcomes from a risk management perspective.
- Ability to collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions as well as formulate ideas and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate with management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Ability to successfully define and launch products.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly to changing work priorities.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for periods of up to two hours or more.
- Experience working with credit risk management concepts and financial performance metrics to evaluate business results.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to executive level audiences.