The Concierge at our Issaquah Branch is responsible for managing and directing branch traffic flow, proactively engaging members in bringing the BECU brand to life, and identifying service and product needs. This role acts as the first touch point and will be expected to assist members with their inquiries in an accurate, professional, and timely manner.
This position will have a rotating schedule between these two schedules:
Monday from 11:30am-6:15pm
(24 hours per week)
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Greet internal and external members with prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service.
- Manage traffic flow by connecting members to appropriate staff.
- Book and track appointments for location staff.
- Maintain the Refresh/Lobby area and ensure supplies are adequately stocked.
- Ensure member areas are actively utilized and are functional, clean and well- organized.
- Provide technical, project and remote service access demonstrations, and educate members on using BECU’s full suite of remote services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all departments to respond to member requests and inquiries
- Assist members with completing express services transactions and services.
- Maintain knowledge of all primary deposit and lending products and services. Cross sell products and services and educate members on the use of remote services.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure member concerns are handled in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Good conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and identify member needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Ability to present a professional image to members, management, staff, and other contacts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks by prioritized job responsibilities.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires evenings, nights or weekends.
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to sit or stand for periods of up to one hour or more.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience in a financial retail environment preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of customer service experience in a hospitality environment required.